The Club is an incorporated association under NT Government legislation (the Associations Act) and must hold an Annual General Meeting (AGM) each year.
The Club’s Constitution, which is registered under the Act, sets out processes for managing the Club and its assets.
The AGM is usually held in August or September, depending when all accounts for the previous year can be finalised. All financial members must be notified of the proposed date and time, the venue and the agenda at least one month in advance.
Nominations for the Committee must be submitted prior to the AGM. Alternatively, if no nominations are received the chair can call for nominations at the meeting.
The AGM Agenda is usually:
- Proxies Tabled
- Minutes of the previous AGM
- Business Arising from the Minutes
- President’s Report
- Treasurer’s Report and Audited Financial Statement
- Resignation of the Committee
- Election of temporary Chair
- Election of new Committee
- Any Special Resolutions – eg change to Constitution
- General Business
- Meeting Close
Only financial members are permitted to vote at the AGM.